To limit patient traffic through our rooms our doctors are currently seeing a limited number of patients for pre-booked appointments only.
If you are required to visit our rooms for a pre-booked appointment you will notice a few changes. On your arrival you will need to contact our rooms so one of our friendly admin team can greet you at the door. We have distanced the chairs in our waiting area to minimise contact and to keep you safe.
Consults will be confirmed the day before along with conducted COVID-19 screening questions with the patient. If a patient absolutely does require a support person to attend the appointment with them (eg; they are a child, have mobility issues or require a translator) they too will be required to undertake COVID-19 screening questions.
To assist, please arrive on time for your appointment. You will be contacted by our friendly admin team when the doctor is ready to see you and invited to enter the rooms. This is to minimise risk of contact with other patients. Anyone attending our rooms who is not a patient or essential support person will be asked to wait outside.
If you do attend our rooms without a pre-booked appointment you will need to call the rooms, you will be asked to answer COVID-19 screening questions and before being greeted by one of our friendly admin team.
We respectively request that you not to attend our rooms for non-essential reasons, even though we would love to see you! Our friendly admin team is here to help and they will do all that they can to provide you with any information you need including information about anaesthesia, options for paying accounts, completing pre-anaesthesia paperwork and facilitating contact with your anaesthetist.
Please do not attend our rooms if you:
- Are unwell
- Have cold or flu like symptoms or COVID-19 symptoms
- Have had an unexplained loss of smell/taste
- Have a fever greater than 37.3 degrees celsius
- Have travelled overseas within 14 days
- Have travelled interstate within 14 days
- Have been in contact with anyone that has been overseas within 14 days
- Have been in contact with anyone that has been diagnosed or suspected to have COVID-19
Please phone our friendly admin team if you have any other issues at all on 8236 5000
We all want to take care of ourselves and also of others. To help limit the spread of COVID-19 there are some simple things that you can do to play your part.
Good hand hygiene (hand washing and alcohol based hand rub)
Wash hands often with soap for at least 20 seconds
Use alcohol based hand rub that has at least 60% alcohol
- Practice good cough etiquette
- Continue to social distance
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects you touch often
- Use tap instead of cash where possible
- Consider downloading the Federal Government COVIDSafe app
- Visit the Federal Government Covonavirus website to stay informed about COVID-19 in Australia and the State you live in
- Stay up to date with SA Health COVID-19 advice