Andrew is a specialist anaesthetist, having joined Stace in early 2017, and now calls Adelaide home. Originally heralding from South Africa, he was fortunate to gain anaesthetic training and experience in South Africa, the United Kingdom and Isle of Man, culminating achieving his specialist training here in South Australia in 2013.
Outside of his professional commitments, Andrew enjoys spending time with his young, growing family. He has a passion to deliver and teach quality anaesthetic care to the developing world. This passion has enabled Andrew to regularly volunteer to be part of specialist medical teams in Timor Leste and Indonesia.
Andrew has a particular interest in paediatric anaesthesia and completed an 18 month fellowship within the Children's Anaesthesia Department at the Women's and Children's Hospital. He currently works as a consultant anaesthetist at the Women's and Children's Hospital as well as at the new Royal Adelaide Hospital. Andrew is committed to providng the best anaesthetic care for you or your child.
Training & Experience
After completing his medical training at the University of Pretoria, Andrew gained broad experience in all facets of medicine while working both in regional anad remote areas in South Africa. His first experience in anaesthesia was in 2001 which ignited a passion resulting in him pursing a career in anaesthetics. Andrew obtained the Diploma in Anaesthesia in 2003 before going on to achieve Specialist accreditation in 2013.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery, University of Pretoria, 2000
- Internship at Groote Schuur Hospital and Red Cross War Memorial Children's Hospital, Cape Town, South Africa, 2001
- Community Service Medical Officer, Mapulaneng Hospital, Bushbuckridge, South Africa, 2002
- Medical Officer, Rob Ferreira Hospital, Nelspruit, South Africa, 2003-2004
- Diploma in Anaesthesia, College of Medicine of South Africa, 2003
- Anaesthetic Medical Officer at Noble's Hospital, Isle of Man (affiliated to Merseyside anaesthetic training program based in Liverpool, UK), 2004-2006
- Anaesthetic Registrar at The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, The Royal Adelaide Hospital and the Women's and Children's Hospital, Adelaide, 2006-2011
- Provisional Fellowship at the Women's and Children's Hospital, Adelaide, 2012
- Consultant Anaesthetist at The Royal Adelaide and Women's and Children's Hospitals, 2013
- Associate Anaesthetist, Stace Anaesthetists- visiting rights to all private hospitals
- Consultant Anaesthetist, The Royal Adelaide Hospital
- Paediatric Anaesthetic Consultant, the Women's and Children's Hospital