Adelaide born, Tony undertook training in clinical anaesthesia in the United Kingdom and South Australian Rotational Training Scheme in Anaesthesia. He joined Stace Anaesthetists in 1991 and is now in full time private anaesthetic practice.
Tony is widely experienced in most forms of clinical anaesthesia and pain management. He is predominantly involved in anaesthesia for general surgery including major upper and lower gastro-intestinal surgery, upper and lower limb orthopaedics, ophthalmic surgery, paediatric dentistry and day surgery sedation techniques.
He has gained special expertise in induced hypotension for plastic and maxilla-facial surgery, and in anaesthetic management of burns victims.
He has a particular interest in regional anaesthetic techniques for intra-operative use and post-operative acute pain management. He also provides an adjunctive regional blockade service to assist in management of patients with vascular or some chronic pain conditions.
Training & Experience
- SHO(Anaes), QVH, East Grinstead, UK, 1985
- SHO(Anaes), RHCH, Winchester UK, 1985-86
- Registrar in South Australian Rotational Anaesthetic Training Scheme, 1986-89
- Senior Registrar Pain Management Unit, Flinders Medical Centre (FMC), 1989
- Chief Resident in Anaesthesia, FMC, 1990
- Intern/RMO, The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Adelaide, 1982-1984
- Visiting Specialist Anaesthetist, FMC, 1991-1993