Having trained in Adelaide and gaining international experience in anaesthesia for cardiothoracic surgery, paediatric anaesthesia and anaesthesia for plastic surgery, Ian returned to Adelaide in October 1995 as Consultant in Anaesthesia at the Royal Adelaide Hospital. Ian’s clinical commitments included cardiothoracic anaesthesia, anaesthesia for spinal surgery and anaesthesia for plastic surgery including head and neck cancer and microvascular flaps. This latter work has resulted in Ian being invited to Malaysia with the Australian Craniofacial Foundation.
In April 2002 Ian joined Stace Anaesthetists as an Associate. He retired from his public position at the Royal Adelaide Hospital in 2021after 26 years.
Ian's interests include Anaesthesia for Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery, General Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, Ear, Nose and Throat Surgery (including paediatric patients), and Anaesthesia for Cardiac patients.
Training & Experience
- Senior House Officer in Anaesthesia, Kingston General Hospital Kingston-Upon-Thames Surrey, England
- South Australian Teaching Hospitals Rotational Training Scheme in Anaesthesia and Intensive Care
- Provisional Fellow in Anaesthesia, Royal Adelaide Hospital
- Temporary Consultant Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Royal Adelaide Hospital
- Sponsored Visiting Registrar Western Infirmary, Glasgow
- Associate Stace Anaesthetists 2002-current
- Visiting Anaesthetist most Adelaide Private Hospitals
- Senior Consultant, Royal Adelaide Hospital 1995-2021 (retired)