James is from Adelaide, and has spent much of his medical career in South Australia. After 2 years working in the United Kingdom and 6 months in Darwin, he returned to Adelaide to complete training in the SA Rotational Training Scheme in Anaesthesia.
James joined as a part time associate at Stace Anaesthetists in 2007, and works as a Senior Staff Specialist Anaesthetist at the Royal Adelaide Hospital.
James has an interest in anaesthesia for ENT Surgery, Difficult Airway Management, Plastic Surgery and Trauma. He works regularly in the Acute Pain Service at the Royal Adelaide Hospital, and has an active role in the ongoing education & supervision of trainees in Anaesthesia. His main areas of work are in Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, Head & Neck Surgery, and Trauma Surgery, but he is experienced in anaesthesia for most types of surgery.
Training & Experience
- Intern at Flinders Medical Centre (FMC) 1998
- SHO (Psychiatry) CHR, Stockport, UK 1999-2000
- RMO (General Training Programme) FMC 2001-2002
- Registrar in SA Rotational Training Scheme in Anaesthesia 2002-2006
- Provisional Fellow Anaesthesia (Vascular) Royal Adelaide Hospital 2006
- Head of Unit for Anaesthesia, Royal Adelaide Hospital, 2021 - present
- Senior Staff Specialist Anaesthetist, Royal Adelaide Hospital, 2008 - present
- ANZCA Supervisor of Training, Royal Adelaide Hospital, 2008 - 2021
- Locum Staff Specialist Anaesthesia at Royal Adelaide Hospital, 2007
- Associate at Stace Anaesthetists 2007 - present