Matthew is a specialist paediatric and adult anaesthetist with more than 20 years of clinical experience in the field. He has been with Stace Anaesthetists since 2004.
Matthew's main areas of expertise are anaesthesia for Ear Nose and Throat (ENT), Plastic Surgical, Dental, General Surgical and Orthopaedic procedures in children and adults.
He works with a number of Adelaide's most respected surgeons on a regular basis, providing patients with anaesthesia care of the highest standard.
Matthew also volunteers to provide anaesthesia care in the developing world for Craniofacial, Plastic/Reconstructive and Burns surgery through his regular involvement with the Overseas Surgical Specialist Association of Australia (OSSAA) and Interplast Australia and New Zealand.
Matthew regularly participates in teaching programs for undergraduate and postgraduate medical and nursing staff both in Australia and overseas.
Training & Experience
- University of Adelaide Medical School 1989-1994
- Internship (Royal Adelaide Hospital) 1995
- Basic Physician Training Program (Royal Adelaide Hospital) 1996
- Career Medical Officer in Accident and Emergency (Modbury Hospital) 1997
- Registrar within the ANZCA Rotational Training Program (South Australia) 1998-2004
- Senior Registrar in Paediatric Anaesthesia (Adelaide Women’s and Children’s Hospital) 2004
- Director Associate Anaesthetist with Stace Anaesthetists
- Visiting rights at all private hospitals in Adelaide
- Part-time Staff Specialist Anaesthetist (Royal Adelaide Hospital) 2004-2006