Working half time in private practice while also working as a Senior Staff Specialist in Anaesthesia at Flinders Medical Centre ensures Michael is exposed to a wide range of clinical practice.
Michael has expertise in the provision of anaesthesia for neurosurgery, vascular surgery, upper gastro-intestinal surgery as well as plastic and reconstructive surgery, eye surgery and orthopaedic surgery.
In addition to anaesthesia, Michael teaches and examines Hypnotherapy to AHPRA registered health professionals. He is the Director of GLO Clinical Hypnosis in North Adelaide and sees clients online and in person, helping them overcome phobias, unwanted habits, anxiety (whether related to medical or surgical procedures or more generalised anxiety) as well as PTSD (from any causes) and helps people improve their academic or sporting performance. To learn more or to make an appointment visit www.glohypnosis.com.au
Training & Experience
- Registrar in South Australian Anaesthetic Training Scheme, 1990-1993, 1996-1999
- Registrar in Queensland Rotational Training Scheme, 1995-1996
- Registrar Sunshine Coast Medical Rescue Helicopter, 1993
- Anaesthetist to Flying Obstetric Service Roma Queensland, 1994
- Senior Registrar Women’s and Children’s Hospital, 1998
- Specialist Anaesthetist (Stace Anaesthetic Services)
- Senior Staff Specialist in Department of Anaesthesia Flinders Medical Centre
- Education Committee Member and Examiner South Australian Society of Hypnosis
- Fellowship in Women's and Paediatric Anaesthesia WCH Adelaide 1998