Working in half time in private practice while also working as a Senior Staff Specialist in Anaesthesia at Flinders Medical Centre ensures he is exposed to a wide range of clinical practice.
Michael has expertise in the provision of anaesthesia for neurosurgery, vascular surgery, upper gastro-intestinal surgery as well as plastic and reconstructive surgery, eye surgery and orthopaedic surgery.
Michael also conducts hypnosis sessions for a wide range of issues by appointment including treatment of phobias, management of anxiety, habit control, performance enhancement (sporting and academic), management of post-traumatic stress disorder as well as reduction of anxiety related to surgery and medical treatments.
Training & Experience
- Registrar in South Australian Anaesthetic Training Scheme, 1990-1993, 1996-1999
- Registrar in Queensland Rotational Training Scheme, 1995-1996
- Registrar Sunshine Coast Medical Rescue Helicopter, 1993
- Anaesthetist to Flying Obstetric Service Roma Queensland, 1994
- Senior Registrar Women’s and Children’s Hospital, 1998
- Specialist Anaesthetist (Stace Anaesthetic Services)
- Senior Staff Specialist in Department of Anaesthesia Flinders Medical Centre
- Education Committee Member and Examiner South Australian Society of Hypnosis
- Fellowship in Women's and Paediatric Anaesthesia WCH Adelaide 1998