Management of the difficult airway, peri-operative medicine, prehabilitation, anaesthesia for upper gastrointestinal surgery and enhanced patient care.
Training & Experience
Simon graduated from the University of London, St Thomas’ Hospital Medical School in 1984 and subsequently anaesthesia training at 3 major teaching hospitals in London. He became a Specialist in Anaesthesia in 1994.
Simon migrated to Adelaide with his family in August 1995 and commenced work at the Royal Adelaide Hospital, joining Stace Anaesthetists in 1997. He continues to work in both public and private anaesthesia practice.
Simon is available for in rooms pre-anaesthesia consultations and would like to see all major cases before day of surgery admission to private hospitals in Adelaide. He is a firm advocate for timely consultation to ensure the delivery of the highest quality peri-operative care (care around the time of surgery).
- Senior Specialist, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide
- Associate, Stace Anaesthetists, Adelaide
- Registrar, St Bartholomew’s Hospital
- Registrar, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide
- Senior Registrar, Guy’s Hospital, London
- Consultant (Locum Tenens), Guy’s Hospital, London