Andrew is a specialist anaesthetist who joined Stace Anaesthetists in 2017. Originally from South Africa, he has acquired anaesthetic training and experience in South Africa, the United Kingdom, Isle of Man and Australia, achieving his specialist recognition in 2013 in Australia.
Andrew has a wide range of skills and experience enabling him to care for patients across all ages. He has further dedicated time towards developing his knowledge and experience in paediatric anaesthesia during a fellowship at the Women's and Children's Hospital in Adelaide. He is passionate about paediatric and regional anaesthesia and has a wide interest in multiple surgical specialties. These include Spinal and Neurosurgery, ENT, Head and Neck surgery, Urology, Robotic surgery and Lymphoedema surgery.
Outside of his professional commitments, Andrew enjoys spending time with his family. He is eager to provide and teach anaesthesia to those in developing countries. This has enabled Andrew to volunteer with OSSAA (a local Adelaide base organisation) and with Interplast as part of specialist surgical teams to Timor Leste, Indonesia and Bhutan. This commitment to serve and provide the best care carries through to every patient.
- Paediatric Anaesthesia
- Anaesthesia for ENT, Craniofacial, Oral and Dental Surgery
- Anaesthetis for Trauma, Orthopaedic and Spinal Surgery
- Ultrasound Guided Regional Anaesthesia
- Anaesthesia in the Developing World
Training & Experience
After completing his medical training, Andrew gained broad experience in all facets of medicine while working both in regional and remote areas in South Africa. His first experience at anaesthesia was in 2001, which ignited a passion resulting in him pursing a career in anaesthetics across many countries and settings. He obtained the Diploma in Anaesthesia in 2003 before going on to achieve Specialist accreditation in 2013.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery, University of Pretoria, 2000
- Internship at Groote Schuur Hospital and Red Cross War Memorial Children's Hospital, Cape Town, South Africa, 2001
- Diploma in Anaesthesia, College of Medicine of South Africa, 2003
- Provisional Fellowship at the Women's and Children's Hospital, Adelaide, 2012
- Fellow of the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (FANZCA), 2013
- Paediatric Anaesthetic Consultant, The Women's and Children's Hospital, Adelaide
- Associate Anaesthetist with Stace Anaesthetists, 2017 - current
- Consultant Anaesthetist, The Royal Adelaide Hospital, 2013 - 2021
- Visting rights to all private hospitals in Adelaide