Rui (pronounced Ray) migrated to Australia with his family at the age of 12. He finished high school at St Peter’s College in South Australia. After graduating from medical school at the University of Adelaide, he moved to Sydney for his internship and residency. Rui returned to Adelaide for his anaesthetic training 2005.
In 2010 Rui joined Stace Anaesthetists as a full time private specialist anaesthetist. Currently he is expanding his practice and enjoys spending time with his young family.
- Day Surgery: improving efficiency and ensuring safety in a high theatre turn over environment; ensuring comfort and safety of all day surgery patients in various specialty surgeries
- Anaesthesia for orthopaedic surgery including spine and back surgery
- Anaesthesia for oral and dental surgery
- Regional anaesthesia
- Anaesthetic for ENT surgery
Training & Experience
- 2002-2004 Internship and residency in Liverpool Hospital, NSW, Australia
- 2005-2008 Anaesthetic Registrar in South Australian Rotational Training Scheme
- 2009 Provisional Fellow in Royal Adelaide Hospital (specialised in Day Surgery)