Originally from Brazil, Gilberto gained a vast experience in anaesthesia throughout his training in a major Tertiary Hospital in São Paulo and also as a consultant providing safe anaesthesia services for several private hospitals in the region.
After a couple of years of marriage to his Australian wife Monica, a decision was made to move to Australia and start a new phase in his career.
Gilberto joined Stace Anaesthetists in 2019 and currently works across all major private hospitals in Adelaide and is heavily involved in the teaching and training of trainee anaesthetists at the Royal Adelaide Hospital.
- Ultra Sound Guided Regional Anaesthesia
- Anaesthesia for Orthopaedics
- Anaesthesia for Ophthalmology
- Anaesthesia for General and Gastrointestinal Procedures
- Anaesthesia for Plastic Surgery
- Anaesthesia for Urology and Gynaecology
- Anaesthesia for Vascular Surgery
Training & Experience
- Medical School – University of Taubaté São Paulo Brazil 1998-2003
- Lieutenant Brazilian Air Force – Medical Corps - Amazon Region 2004-2005
- Worked as a Family General Practitioner 2006- 2007 São Paulo capital
- Anaesthesia Training – Santa Casa da Misericórdia de Santos -São Paulo- Brazil 2008-2011
- Provide Anaesthesia Services as a Consultant for two private groups in São Paulo 2012
- Specialist Pathway Assessment with the College of Anaesthetists:
- 3 years in Adelaide working at the Queen Elizabeth and Women’s and Children’s Hospital 2013 to 2016
- 2 years in Queensland at the Sunshine Coast 2016 to 2017
- Fellowship of the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists 2017
- Consultant Anaesthetist Royal Adelaide Hospital
- Director Associate Anaesthetist with Stace Anaesthetists, 2023 - current
- Associate Anaesthetist with Stace Anaesthetists, 2020-2023
- Visiting rights to all private hospitals in Adelaide